On arrival your car will be put through a 7 stage acceptance procedure before being allowed into the facility:
- Vehicle condition will be recorded & supported by photographs.
- A unique id number will be issued, keys tagged, a record started & you will be issued with a receipt for your car. Any special points will be noted such as your normal tyre pressures, what oil you use, mot details etc.
- Your car will be hand washed & dried, the inside vacuumed, and a temporary driver’s floor mat positioned. Owner’s mats will be placed in the boot.
- Tyre pressures will be increased to prevent flat spotting.
- A battery health check will be carried out, water/ante freeze and oil levels checked, topped up & rectified as necessary.
- Your car will be started and brakes used in order to remove disc rust caused by the washing stage.
- The car will then be moved to the main storage facility next door.
Once in position in the storage facility the car will have:
- a drip tray placed underneath.
- the driver’s floor mat removed; handbrake off.
- windows opened 2cms to allow air circulation.
- be connected to a “CTEK” battery conditioner.
- and be fitted with a soft & breathable cover by “Classic Additions”.
While in storage cars will receive regular attention:
- Daily vehicle & area check.
- Every 14 days … battery status checked, drip tray inspected.
- If requested: Every 45 days … car moved to service/detailing bay, all fluids & pressures checked, engine run up to temperature, all electrical & air conditioning components checked, driven on site.
- If requested: Cars can be run on the open road by arrangement, so long as the weather is dry & roads clear.
- We reserve the right to change a car’s fuel if it is felt that it has “gone off” & to charge the owner accordingly.
Vehicles may be taken out of storage at any time although we would ask for a minimum of 24 hours notice, and preferably 48 hours, in order to make sure that your car is ready for you.
- the car cover will be rolled up & stored on the car’s home slot.
- battery conditioner will likewise be disconnected & stored.
- temporary floor mat will be positioned.
- car will be moved to the servicing/detailing bay.
- oil, water, & hydraulic levels, & under bonnet generally will be checked.
- screen wash will be topped up & battery health checked.
- paintwork will be checked as satisfactory, rectified as necessary.
- glass will be cleaned as necessary.
- inside will be vacuumed, door sills & cards cleaned.
- tyre pressures will be re-adjusted.
- car will be fuelled as required or, in any case, with a minimum of 20 litres of fuel.
- tax & mot will be checked as necessary.
- radio, clock & instrument lights checked; keys present, temporary mat removed, owner’s mats positioned as necessary.
- car handed over to owner.